Fall is just around the corner in Plattsburgh, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Plattsburgh a call at 518-310-2118 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!