Winter weather is just around the corner in Plattsburgh and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Plattsburgh winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Plattsburgh experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Plattsburgh.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Plattsburgh a call at 518-310-2118 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.