Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Plattsburgh, NY Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a sunny, warm day in Plattsburgh. And with a little spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Receiving the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how it looks.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Use an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from puddling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help offer proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Plattsburgh today and check out which products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.