The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the variety of styles and colors we carry, you can uncover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to allow for easier cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve seen a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs available, some homeowners feel that some grille styles may block their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that typically cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are sometimes more costly than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles can be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest dropping by our Plattsburgh showroom, giving us a call at 518-310-2118 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.