Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when entering your Plattsburgh home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and involve a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Plattsburgh, give them a call at 518-310-2118 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.