Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your room. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something bright to show off your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are a few tips to dress up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a whimsical print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try switching out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having problems finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to regular window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you found on vacation.